The Brain Speaks™ 1
Day 1: Day 1: registration 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., course lasts till 6:00 a.m. approximately.
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:30 p.m.
Day 3: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:30 p.m.
Day 4: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:00 p.m.
Prof. Diego Maggio D.O., CST-D (Upledger Institute Italy, Trieste, Italy)
The organizer reserves the right to change the course location, person of the Instructor and Teaching Assistants, about which applicants will be informed in advance via e-mail or phone.
This advanced level workshop of The Upledger Institute focuses on exploring and realizing the potential for communicating with another person's brain - its structural components and individual neurons, as well as, on the direct palpation and treatment of these components. The concept of the communication with different brain parts is founded on the hypothesis that every organ, tissue and cell in a living being has its own consciousness. The Instructor guides the participants into imagery and dialogue with specific brain and spinal cord parts and their functional units. Participants learn ‘listening’ and palpation techniques corresponding to the palpation of the central nervous system. The workshop consists of presentations, demonstrations and practicing the introduced techniques.
- Students determine and palpate the anatomy, physiology and activity of the above-mentioned components.
- They discover and get to know the phylogenetic and embryologic areas of the brain: their structure, and function within a healthy nervous system.
- They learn the arterial blood supply to the brain, its ventricular system and the lymphatic system connected to it.
- Participants learn to locate and treat the facilitator of the neural systems and nervous paths of the brain.
- Students will see how communication is possible with the subsystems of the brain, their components and individual neurons.
- Participants will study the hypothesis that every organ, tissue and cell in a living being has its own consciousness.
- Introduction, overview about the highlights of the course
- Presentation: Neuroanatomy and Physiology: Neurons, Glial Cells, Myelinization, Anatomical Review
- Presenting the palpation techniques of the brain
- Practice in pairs: palpating the individual brain parts
- Presentation and demo: The Arterial Blood Supply to the Brain
- Practice in pairs: Arteries of the brain
- Presentation and demo: Ventricular System
- Practice in pairs
- Review, questions and answers
- Presentation: Components and Functions of Myelencephalon and Metencephalon
- Demo: Palpation and Treatment of the Medulla Oblongata, Pons and the Cerebellum
- Practice in pairs: Palpation and treatment of the medulla oblongata, pons and the cerebellum
- Presentation: Mesencephalon
- Demo: Palpation and Treatment of the Components of the Midbrain
- Practice in pairs: Palpation and treatment of the midbrain
- Presentation: Reticular Activating System
- Demo: Treatment Opportunities of RAS
- Practice in pairs: TIDI/SER for discovering RAS
- Review, questions and answers
- Presentation: Components and Functions of Diencephalon
- Demo: Examination and Treatment of Diencephalon
- Practice in pairs
- Presentation: Demonstration about Telencephalon the Triune Brain Model by Pal MacLean Reptilian Brain, Basal Ganglia
- Demo: Examination and Treatment of Basal Ganglia
- Practice in pairs: Palpation, examination and treatment of basal ganglia
- Presentation: Paleomammalian/Limbic Components
- Demo: Examination and Treatment of Limbic System
- Practice in pairs: Palpation, examination and treatment of limbic system
- Review, questions and answers
- Presentation: Neuron-Facilitaion, Comissuras, Association Pathways and Projection Fibers. Components and Functions of the Cerebral Cortex.
- Demo: Neuron Facilitation, and Strategies of Examination and Treatment of Relating Nervous Paths
- Presentation: Cranial Nerves and Facilitation
- Demo: Treatment Opportunities of the Facilitaion of the Cranial Nerves
- Practice in pairs:
- Practice 1: Psychoneuro integration conducted by the body
- Practice 2: Psychoneuro integration conducted by the body
185.000 HUF that is, one hundred eighty-five thousand HUF, that includes the Registration Fee, the cost of interpreting and the price of one ‘The Brain Speaks™ 1’ study guide in Hungarian, but does not include the costs of eating, accommodation and parking fee during the training, nor the costs of the level exam and treatment described as conditions of participation.
Payment Method and Conditions:
Participation Fee can be paid either in cash of via bank transfer. In case of bank transfer please indicate your name and the course code (TBS1.1) in the Description Section. 25.000 HUF Registration Fee is to be paid at registration. The amount of the remainder is 160.000 HUF, that is one hundred sixty thousand HUF, the deadline of which is 14th April, 2014. The remainder is to be paid either in cash or via bank transfer after previous confirmation.
Conditions of Cancellation:
Cancellation deadline free of liquidated damages: the 42nd day prior the first day of the course. The amount of liquidated damages in case of a cancellation of 42-35 days prior the first day of the course is 50% of the Course Fee, and in case of a cancellation of 35-28 days prior the first day of the course it is 70% of the Course Fee. In case of a cancellation within 28 days prior the first day of the course, the amount of liquidated damages is the total Course Fee. 25.000 HUF that is twenty-five thousand Forints Registration Fee is included in the Course Fee. In case of a cancellation this amount is not refunded.
Conditions of Participation:
- Successfully completed CS1, CST2, SER1 exams;
- Agreement to comply with our general principles, rules of procedures and Code of Ethics. This information is available on our website: www.upledger.com, at the location of the course, or can be obtained in advance by writing an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Approval of the Head of the Course Organizer that is Upledger Institute Hungary Ltd..
- Submission of the application documents (1 copy of the Application Form filled in completely, 2 copies of the Course Contract signed on each page, 1 piece of a photo not older than 6 months) within the given deadline;
- Complete payment of the Participation Fee within the given deadline.
- Active participation in one SomatoEmotional Release® session as a patient, by a registered and CST-T certified therapist being at least at level 4. In order to find the most suitable therapist please consult us on the telephone number provided under 'Contact and More Information'.
- Active participation in at least four study group sessions within six months prior the course, or confirmed participation in private lessons;
- Prior the training a successful CS1, CST2 and SER1 Level Exam at a previously confirmed date by Orsolya Gábriel. Application Deadline for Level Exam: 1st April, 2014, exam can be taken till 8th May, 2014. Level Exam Fee: 14.000 HUF
The documents necessary for the application can be downloaded by clicking on the links at the bottom of the page.
John. E. Upledger. DO, OMM: A Brain is Born
Netter, MD: Netter Anatomy: Atlas of Human Neuroscience
The reading material is available in English. Hungarian version is not yet available. (Can be purchased through this link: http://shop.barralinstitute.com/Product-List/Textbooks/Netters-Atlas-of-Human-Neuroscience)
At the end of the course students will receive a certification issued by the Upledger Institute Hungary. The issue of the certification is subject to the students’ presence during the whole period of the course, as well as, to their active participation and cooperation. The issued certificate does not qualify for individual medical activity!
Participation and completing of the course does not entitle the participant to use the title ‘CranioSacral Therapist’, or call the activity ‘CranioSacral Therapy’, until the CST-T (CranioSacral Therapy Technique Certificate) exam is passed successfully covering the learning material of the CST1 and CST2 courses.
Moreover, we would like to draw the participants’ attention to the Edict No. 40/1997. (III.5.), as well as, to the NM Decree No. 11/1997 (V.28.), that professional practice of the techniques learnt in the course is subject to authorization. The participant is obliged to meet the legal requirements in order to carry out professional practice.