VISCERAL MANIPULATION: ABDOMEN 2
Level 2 of the Visceral Manipulation Education Program of The Barral Institute
The Barral Institute
Founded by Jean-Pierre Barral, The Barral Institute is a health education, training and research organization dedicated to the advancement of Visceral Manipulation, Nerve Manipulation and related Manual Therapies The Barral Institute works to better understand and validate the therapeutic effect of these hands on therapies; conducts workshops nationally and internationally to educate and train healthcare practitioners in the proper techniques and promotes education to the general public about the existence and therapeutic value of these modalities. For further information about the institute please check: www.barralinstitute.com
4 days with the following schedule:
Day 1: registration 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m., course lasts till 5:00 a.m. approximately.
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:00 p.m.
Day 3: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:00 p.m.
Day 4: 9:00 a.m. - approx. 5:00 p.m.
The schedule of the course is subject to change. Courses may run late each day in order to be able to cover all the topic planned for that day.
Instructor and Teaching Assistants:
Rita Benamor, D.O., CST-D (Portugal) - Instructor
Orsolya Gábriel, CST-D, N.P. - Teaching Assistant
Tímea Jeges, N.P. - Teaching Assistant
The organizer reserves the right to change the course location, the person of the Instructor and the Teaching Assistant, about which applicants will be informed via e-mail or phone.
Visceral Manipulation (VM) was developed by world-renowned French Osteopath Jean-Pierre Barral. Visceral Manipulation: Developed by him, Abdomen 1 (VM1) is the base of the education program providing a thorough insight into the basic principles, theories and techniques of the method. Each higher level of the education program deals with parts of the body in more and more details, enriching the participants’ knowledge by more and more sophisticated techniques. All levels of the program contain several practical and very effective techniques which can be immediately applied in the participant’s professional practice.
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 2 is an intermediate workshop starting with the review of functional anatomy, hand positions and manipulations covered in Abdomen 1 course of Visceral Manipulation. Thereafter, participants deepen their knowledge on further theory and practical techniques, focusing on the kidney, greater omentum, peritoneum, spleen, and pancreas. This time the course also consists of presentations, detailed anatomical and functional-mechanical information about the given organs, as well as, demonstrations and practical sessions referring to each technique.
1. Locating and explaining the deeper structures within the abdominal cavity, focusing on the kidneys, pancreas, spleen, greater omentum, peritoneum, and their connective or suspensory tissues.
2. Introducing and explaining restriction planes, mobility and motility.
3. Incorporating complex multiple long-lever techniques.
4. Specific techniques for locating and evaluating each organ, along with the effects and contraindications, learned in a hands-on, lab environment under professional supervision.
- Visceral Manipulation: Reviewing the material of Abdomen 1 course
- Open discussion focusing on problem solving
- Questions and answers
- Liver, further long-lever techniques
- Stomach, hiatal hernia, long-lever techniques
- Duodenum, long-lever techniques
- Small intestine, long-lever techniques
- Large intestine, long-lever techniques
- Anatomy and physiology of the kidney
- Techniques of the kidney
- Anatomy and physiology of the pancreas
- Techniques of the pancreas
- Anatomy and physiology of the spleen
- Techniques of the spleen
- Anatomy and physiology of the peritoneum
- Techniques of the peritoneum
- Techniques of the omentum
- Integrating the new organs into the relations of the body
895 USD that is eight hundred ninety-five dollars USD, that includes the price of one VM2 study guide and the costs of interpreting, but does not include the costs of eating, accommodation, parking fee during the course, nor the costs of the treatment described as prerequisite of participation.
Payment Method and Conditions:
150 USD that is one hundred fifty USD Registration Fee is to be paid in cash at registration. The amount of the remainder is 745 USD, that is seven hundred forty-five dollars USD, that is to be paid also in cash after preliminary confirmation.
Conditions of Cancellation:
Cancellation deadline free of liquidated damages: the 42nd day prior the first day of the course. The amount of liquidated damages in case of a cancellation of 42-35 days prior the first day of the course is 50% of the Course Fee, and in case of a cancellation of 35-28 days prior the first day of the course it is 70% of the Course Fee. In case of a cancellation within 28 days prior the first day of the course, the amount of liquidated damages is the total Course Fee. 150 USD that is one hundred fifty USD Registration Fee is included in the Course Fee. In case of a cancellation this amount is not refunded.
Conditions of Participation:
VM2 course is open to applicants with VM1 course completion certificate. Preliminary preparation is the participant’s own responsibility. Lacking this preparation may result in difficulties of understanding. Therefore, we suggest that participants should check up on the anatomical expressions and components listed in the enclosed material. We would like the course to be an interesting and valuable learning experience for everyone.
Conditions of Participation:
- Agreement to comply with our general principles and rules of procedures (Code of Ethics);
- Approval of the Head of the Course Organizer that is Upledger Institute Hungary Ltd..
- Submission of the application documents (1 copy of the Application Form filled in completely, 2 copies of the Course Contract signed on each page, 1 piece of a photo not older than 6 months) within the given application deadline;
- Complete payment of the Participation Fee within the given deadline.
- Successfully completed VM1 exam within the last 5 years;
- Participation in at least four VM study groups within six months prior the course;
- Successful VM1 Level Exam prior the training; This is only necessary, in case the student has not reached at least 80% in the final examination of VM1 course.
The documents necessary for the application can be downloaded by clicking on the links at the bottom of the page.
Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO: Visceral Manipulation I.
Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO: Visceral Manipulation II.
Frank Netter, MD: Atlas of Human Anatomy
Carmine Clemente: A Regional Atlas of the Human Body
Preliminary Preparation: Techniques taught in the course require a solid knowledge base of anatomy and physiology. Preliminary preparation is the participant’s own responsibility. We suggest starting the preparation well in advance, in order to avoid the occurrence of uncomfortable overload of study materials. We would like the course to be an interesting learning experience for everyone.
Furthermore, it is highly recommended refreshing and looking up the below listed anatomical expressions and components in an atlas of anatomy such as the English edition of Gray’s Anatomy, Clemente’s Anatomy, or Frank Netter: Atlas of Human Anatomy:
- Renal Hilum
- Perirenal Fat
- Renal Fascia
- Pararenal Space
- Renal Membranes
- Renal Ptosis
- Hepatorenal Ligament
- Gastrolienal Ligament
- Lienorenal Ligament
- Pancreas, Head, Body, Tail
- Great Omentum
- Parietal Peritoneum
Organizer provides participants with the opportunity to take part in a one-day long anatomy preparation workshop. Location is subject to change depending on the number of applicants. Workshop Fee: 8.000 HUF/Person
Attire: Wearing loose, comfortable, layered clothing and indoor slippers during the course is recommended. Avoid wearing tight clothes. As several techniques require the touch of the bare belly, it is inevitable to wear such clothing which allows the skin to be accessed easily. Due to the nature of the method, nails have to be cut short.
Certification: At the end of the training students will receive a certification issued by The Barral Institute. The issue of the certification is subject to the students’ presence during the whole period of the course, as well as, to their active participation and cooperation. The issued certificate does not qualify for individual medical activity!
Mere participation in the course does not entitle the participant to use the studied techniques in professional practice, because according to the Edict No. 40/1997. (III.5.), as well as, to the NM Decree No. 11/1997 (V..28.), it is subject to authorization. The participant is obliged to meet the legal requirements in order to carry out professional practice.