SomatoEmotional Release® 1 (SER1)
Level 3 of the Upledger CranioSacral Therapist Education Program
Date(s) of upcoming SER1 course(s):
April 24-27 2019
Application deadline: March 1, 2019
4 days with the following schedule:
Day 1: Registration 09:30-10:00 a.m., course lasts till 6:00 a.m. approximately.
Day 2: 09:00-18:00 h
Day 3: 09:00-18:00 h
Day 4: 09:00-16:00 h
The schedule of the course is subject to change. Courses may run late each day in order to be able to cover all the topic planned for that day. Therefore, we kindly ask everyone to avoid planning other evening programs during the period of the course.
SomatoEmotional Release is a dynamic therapeutic process that expands on the principles of CranioSacral Therapy to help rid the mind and body of the residual effects of trauma. Research shows that the body retains the imprint of physical forces from accidents, injuries and emotional shock. Those dysfunctional areas are frequently isolated in what Dr. Upledger calls “Energy Cysts”. SomatoEmotional Release gives the participants the manual and verbal processing skills to help release those destructive patterns from the patients’ minds and bodies.
Participants learn about the physiological mechanisms of diseases, as well as, get to know manual techniques to enhance the process of SomatoEmotional Release®.
All subject areas are taught through lectures, demonstrations and supervised practice.
Study and examine the anatomical structures surrounding the mouth and the “Avenue of Expression”, and its importance for the therapy.
Detect the physical location of energy cysts and negative emotional experiences in the patient’s body, and release them.
Learn to combine hands-on techniques with verbal dialoguing skills and other alternative methods that emphasize wholeness and self-healing.
Become acquainted with the concept of vector/axis integration and alignment.
Refining the skills of attention and empathy.
Enhancing the palpation and full-body examination skills
190.000 HUF that is one hundred ninety thousand Forints, that includes the cost of interpreting and the price of one SER1 study guide in English, but does not include the costs of eating, accommodation and parking fee during the course.
Payment Method and Conditions:
45.000 HUF that is forty-five thousand Registration Fee is to be paid via bank transfer at registration. In case of bank transfer please indicate your name and the course code in the Description Section. The amount of the remainder is 145.000 HUF, that is one hundred fifty thousand Forints. The remainder is to be paid either in cash or via bank transfer after previous confirmation.
Conditions of Cancellation:
Cancellation deadline free of liquidated damages: the 42nd day prior the first day of the course. The amount of liquidated damages in case of a cancellation of 42-35 days prior the first day of the course is 50% of the Course Fee, and in case of a cancellation of 35-28 days prior the first day of the course it is 70% of the Course Fee. In case of a cancellation within 28 days prior the first day of the course, the amount of liquidated damages is the total Course Fee. 35.000 HUF that is thirty-five thousand Forints Registration Fee is included in the Course Fee. In case of a cancellation this amount is not refunded.
Conditions of Participation:
- Agreement to comply with our general principles, rules of procedures and Code of Ethics;
- Approval of the CEO of the Course Organizer that is Upledger Institute Hungary Ltd.
- Successful completion of Upledger CS1 and CST2
- Giving at least 50 complete mouth-work protocol
- Receiving 6-8 full mouth work protocol sessions from someone skilled at the techniques, as receiving is a great way to learn. To find a therapist please look on www.upledger.com
- Preparation and submission of at least 20 case studies;
- Submission of the application documents (1 copy of the Application Form filled in completely, 2 copies of the Course Contract signed on each page, 1 recent photograph) within the given deadline;
- Complete payment of Tuition Fee within the given deadline.
- Active participation in 3 CST/SER sessions as a patient, by three different, CST-T certified therapists being at least at ADV1 level. This latter condition is inevitable for more reasons. On one hand, students can experience themselves the impact of a higher level of CranioSacral Therapy. On the other, that is even more important, with the help of the experience gained from professional therapists students learn the material quicker and more efficiently. Moreover, having the previous experience participants can have objective feedbacks during the practical sessions of the course, when practicing with each other. Finally, it is of great importance not to have the three treatments by the same therapist. This way students can gain wider personal experience from several sources, without being influenced by the personality and style of treatment of one therapist. We suggest you leaving 10-14 days between the SER treatments, so that the body could adjust to the changes occurring due to the therapies. Please avoid having any therapies 7-10 days prior the course.
The documents necessary for the application can be downloaded by clicking on the links at the bottom of the page.
Deadline: March 1, 2019
SomatoEmotional Release by John E. Upledger , D.O., O.M.M.
Getting to Yes by Roger Fischer, William Ury
The reading material is available in English. Hungarian version is not yet available.
At the end of the course students will receive a certification issued by the Upledger Institute Hungary. The issue of the certification is subject to the students’ presence during the whole period of the course, as well as, to their active participation and cooperation. The issued certificate does not qualify for individual medical activity!
Participation in the course only does not give the right to use the title ‘CranioSacral Therapist’, or call the activity ‘CranioSacral Therapy’, until the CST-T (CranioSacral Therapy Technique Certificate) exam is passed successfully covering the learning material of the CST1 and CST2 courses.
Moreover, we would like to draw the participants’ attention to the Edict No. 40/1997. (III.5.), as well as, to the NM Decree No. 11/1997 (V.28.), that professional practice of the techniques learnt in the course is subject to authorization. The participant is obliged to meet the legal requirements in order to carry out professional practice